- Play together. Keep games consoles in communal rooms and play games together. There are several active and sports titles available for consoles that the whole family can join in with.
- Check PEGI ratings. These statutory age ratings help parents identify appropriate games based on their content.
- Set up parental controls, ie. ensure you have specified what content children can access with secure passwords and user settings.
- Regular breaks. Screen time studies vary but all agree that regular breaks are essential. Take one every 45-60 minutes.
- Check play history. See what your child plays, and for how long, by checking the user history on their profile. For example, on the 3DS this is in the Activity Log app.
- Agree daily limits to play games whether that is for an hour a day or no games after a certain time.
Families that play together stick together
Source: Vodafone DP