- Code breakers 1944: Colossus, the world’s first electronic computer, begins its code breaking work at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire, deciphering the messages between Hitler and his generals.
- Mobile phones 1985: Vodafone makes the first ever mobile call on a UK network from Parliament Square to Surrey
- Smart homes 2014: The world’s first virtual assistant, Alexa, goes mainstream in our homes, making even the stateliest of old piles “smart”, allowing us to set alarms, follow the news and reduce energy use… all while making dinner.
- AI opponents 2017: AI AlphaGo Zero teaches itself to become the world’s best Go player, despite never having played anyone or seen a real match, threatening to end family arguments over games forever.
- Activists unite 2018: Young people around the world unite against climate change, using social media to coordinate their efforts.
Source: Vodafone Digital Parenting