Parental controls help you to block or filter upsetting or inappropriate content, and control purchases within apps. You can install parental control software on your child’s and family’s phones or tablets, games consoles, laptops and your home internet.
Parental controls can help you to:
- Plan what time of day your child can go online and how long for
- Create content filters to block apps that may have inappropriate content
- Manage the content different family members can see.
How to set up parental controls on Mobiles, tablets and computers
Lots of mobiles, tablets and computers come with settings that help you to manage what your child can and can’t see or do online.
- Check things like location settings and what information your child’s sharing.
- Get more advice about setting up controls on different devices from the UK Safer Internet Centre and mobile providers.
BT Parental Controls help keep your children safe online. Once activated, all devices connected to your BT Hub will have content filtered to a restriction level that you set. These filters will also apply if you use your BT ID to log in to BT Wi-fi. BT Parental Controls is free to BT Broadband customers.
Sky Broadband Shield is a set of tools designed to help make the internet a safer place for your whole family at no extra cost: Includes advanced protection which helps to defend against unwanted attacks, such as viruses, phishing or malware-infected sites.
Parental controls: Parental controls are currently available to all Vodafone Broadband and Home Phone customers. Parental Controls will be automatically set to off as default.