Internet of Things (IoT) services from Crystaline
Internet of Things services from Crystaline
Internet of Things, or IoT, is the network of physical objects, or ‘things’, which are fitted with sensors and connected over the internet. This allows them to gather and exchange real-time data, which can be analysed to improve processes.
The technology has been particularly useful in large corporations and industrial settings, helping manufacturers to gain valuable data insight, but that’s not to say that it can’t benefit small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) too.
In the workplace, IoT can be effective in cutting costs and driving efficiencies by making objects and devices more intelligent. In allowing more intelligent systems into your business, you could see your staff happier; think vending machines that ask to be refilled as soon as they need to be, or desks that warn you when you’ve been sitting down for too long. But there are many business benefits IoT can bring, too.
What sort of businesses can benefit from IoT devices?
IoT technology is transforming a wide range of industries. Some key applications include:
- Retail — IoT enables digital signs that can be updated virtually to tailor content to current offers or updates for the public
- Transport and logistics — fleet telematics facilitates vehicle tracking for accurate knowledge of driver locations, for smoother supply chains
- Utilities — IoT enables energy providers to automatically manage supply to ensure demand is met
- Insurance — IoT allows insurance providers to offer usage-based car insurance to customers by monitoring driving quality
- Smart offices — security cameras, fire alarms and motion detectors with IoT technology are quick to deploy and their advanced features could remove the need for manned guarding
Applications for IoT in businesses of all sizes are continuing to grow in number. If you’re not sure how it might fit into your business, speak to us for independent, expert advice.
What are the benefits of adopting IoT solutions?
Adopting any new, unfamiliar technology can be daunting, especially for smaller businesses. Here’s a few of the possible benefits:
- Operational efficiency — asset monitoring allows businesses to know where all of your business’ assets are at all times and monitor their performance to avoid unexpected downtime
- Keep employees COVID-safe — IoT-enabled thermal detection cameras measure body temperature in real-time, triggering a warning if someone’s temperature is high
- Securing business premises — IoT security cameras can be remotely connected to smartphones and other devices for real-time alerts of potential security threats
- Energy efficiency — like at home, smart meters help offices and other work locations to use their energy efficiently, powered by IoT
Vodafone IoT solutions from Crystaline
Crystaline offers Vodafone Smart Connectivity suite of IoT services. As an Advanced Partner, Crystaline is able to offer customers global IoT connectivity to enable SMEs to benefit from endless applications.
Vodafone Smart Connectivity is a range of end-to-end IoT solutions that simplify deploying IoT devices and making the technology accessible to all businesses.
Vodafone Smart Connectivity
As these services are managed, we handle the installation, set up and ongoing management of all products, and are on hand to deal with any issues that may arise. Like all of our services, IoT solutions from Crystaline are secured with our service level agreement — the Crystaline Service Promise.